2012年2月13日月曜日

Why Are My Kidneys Dilated

why are my kidneys dilated

Week 23: Good news! | BabyCenter

Remember a few weeks back when I wrote about my babyhaving complications?Well my husband and I have breathed a big sigh of relief this past week.

When I went in at 19 weeks for the anatomy scan we found out that our little guy/girl had dilated kidneys, which meant that there could have been a blockage in the urinary tract. We were brought back in a couple of weeks ago to re-scan the area and were told that the kidneys were a normal size.


REVERSIBLE SYSTOLIC DYSFUNCTION IN CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE: Recovery of cardiac form and function in dilated uremic cardiomyopathy-An inflammatory mechanism?
Learn more
Srilakshmi Adhyapak

I didn't quite believe it at that point though… The ultrasound tech was the only tech I'd had that didn't enlarge the area on the screen before taking the measurements, and then took them so quickly that I wasn't quite sure if I could trust the results.

I had an appointment with my own doctor though on Friday and was reassured that the doctor who we were dealing with about the kidneys definitely would have gone over the images and video himself, and would have re-taken the images if he felt they were inaccurate. Phew!


I'm REALLY relieved that my little wiggler won't have to possibly go through surgery. It did get me thinking though – it seems like a lot of women in mybirth clubhave been given similar potential diagnoses which also turned out to be false alarms. I wonder how common this is?

Were you given anunnecessary scare at your anatomy scan? How long did it take to get the "all-clear?"

Photo credit:Winnifredxoxo via Flickr



These are our most popular posts: why are my kidneys dilated

Lower Right Back Pain Kidney

Depending on the type of work you do, you may return to work as early as three weeks (if your kidney was removed Most kidney donors need pain medication for a few weeks after surgery. No medication can take away all of the pain, but it should take the edge off ... 6 hour duration = ? surgical significance Nausea, vomiting? Localized weakness of blood vessel wall with dilation (like bubble on tire) Pulsating mass in abdomen Can cause lower back pain … View Doc ... read more

Cardiomyopathy – Another Hopeless Disease? (Part 1)

If you "have" this disease I predict you will NOT read my suggestions — you have fallen into the clutches of the medical establishment. ... There are three main types of cardiomyopathy — dilated, hypertrophic and restrictive. ... in the hearts left side may be dislodged and carried into the bodys circulation to form cerebral (SEReh-bral or seh-REbral) emboli in the brain, renal (REnal) emboli in the kidney, peripheral (peh-RIFer-al) emboli or even coronary artery emboli. read more

unborn infant has dilated kidneys - Open to All Other Health Topics ...

Administrators Avatar. Join Date: May 2000. Posts: 3901. Hugs: 1. Hugged 72 Times in 52 Posts. Thanks: 34. Thanked 239 Times in 132 Posts. My Mood: Fine. Administrator HB User. Re: unborn infant has dilated kidneys ... read more

My husband just had a ct scan that showed dilation in one of his ...

He just finished chemotherapy in January, and the purpose of the ct scan was to determine if the chemo worked. His doctor said that she thought one of his. read more

Related Posts



0 コメント:

コメントを投稿